Admission/Registration/Scheduling Clerk (Casual) DECH Registration
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-32882 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
DEPARTMENT: DECH Registration
FACILITY: Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Casual
JOB TITLE: Admission/Registration/Scheduling Clerk
CLASSIFICATION: Admission/Registration/Scheduling Clerk (1007)
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: CASUAL - Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $19.7344 to $21.2422 per hour (Subject to Employment Status may be paid at 90% of the indicated rate as per CUPE collective agreement article 6.08 a)
The Admitting/Registration/Scheduling Clerk is responsible for performing interviews, admissions, registrations, pre-admissions, and bed management procedures.
- High school graduation plus an additional program/course (s) of up to six months OR five (5) years of recent experience (within the last 8 years) as a 1007, shall be considered as equivalent.
- Demonstrated proficiency, verified by testing, may be required in some or all of the following areas: typing, Microsoft Office applications: Word Outlook, medical terminology, at Beginner Level
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French required.
The Admitting/Registration/Scheduling Clerk is responsible for:
- Admitting patients and registering/scheduling patient appointments
- Preparing and maintaining patient records
- Maintaining bed tracking systems
- Performing general clerical duties
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Attention to Detail
- Information Gathering
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Results Orientation
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by June 3, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-32882-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.