ShiftCentral is a leading provider of outsourced market intelligence services for major organizations across the globe. Founded in 2000, the agency provides actionable insight in key sectors, including health, pharmaceuticals, banking and financial, and professional services.
The agency's on-staff team of market intelligence editors, analysts and researchers deliver a wide range of customized content to clients, ranging from strategic analysis of competitive landscapes, to specialized monitoring of target markets and curated intelligence reporting on emerging issues and trends, including reporting on competitors, clients, and prospects.
We're seeking an enthusiastic Senior Editor to conduct online scans, edit search results and curate and prepare daily and weekly market intelligence briefings and other reports for U.S. and Canadian clients. The role involves researching and writing briefings and monthly summaries, assisting with research projects and in developing competitor and market profiles. The role involves some client relations. Working conditions include extended periods working in front of a computer and respecting daily and monthly deadlines.
The Senior Editor position requires an individual who enjoys working as a team player in a business newsroom.
Our growing editorial team is a smart, highly talented group with a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We place a high value on teamwork, editorial mindsets, intellectual curiosity and a desire to make a difference.
We're looking for writers and editors who can quickly identify relevant content from online sources and who can summarize in a clean, concise fashion. The successful candidate will be required to develop familiarity with our clients' specific sectors and provide basic analysis in monthly or quarterly reports for clients. He or she must also be proficient in a variety of editorial functions for online news and information products. A strong interest in the development of online media is essential. Experience and/or education in journalism, broadcasting, editing, proofreading or research support is required. Candidates should have a sharp eye for detail; a good sense of relevance; and the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Post-Secondary degree; preferably in journalism, business, economics, marketing
- Experience and/or education in journalism, editing, government or competitive intelligence reporting, or research support would be an asset
- Three to five years' experience in a related position
- Essential technology skills and use of Microsoft Office tools
- Possess basic analysis skills such as trend identification and identifying important industry developments
- Must be proficient in a variety of editorial functions for online news, web-based content and information products
- Must have a comfort level with newsroom-type environment (deadlines, efficiency, react well to pressure situations, etc.)
- Demonstrate strong reading, editing and writing skills to quickly summarize information in short, written abstracts
- Professional demeanor, communication and presentation skills
- Editorial mindset
- Enthusiastic and positive individual
- Team player with ability to collaborate and delegate
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent customer-service skills
If this sounds like you:
Send your resume and cover letter to jobs@ShiftCentral.com. If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out www.shiftcentral.com.
Between 42,800 and 52,300, depending on candidate's training and experience.
ShiftCentral is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive pay and benefits package commensurate with education and employment background.