Product Manager, Retirement Investments
Assumption Life is looking for a motivated individual who will join our sales team as a Product Manager, Retirement Investments.
The Product Manager is responsible for a variety of products mainly related to investments and retirement. This person must ensure the profitability of his products while aiming for an increase in market share while respecting the strategic vision of the organization. This person must develop products from existing ideas and participate in the development of new ideas based on industry data and trends, including surveys and interviews with clients.
The Product Manager will have to possess a unique blend of technical and strategic know-how while having the ability to see the big picture of making this vision a reality. This person will also participate in the development of market watch tools as well as make presentations and develop reports. An important skill of this role would be the ability to carry out several projects simultaneously.
- Manage the life cycle, profitability, and positioning of its product range;
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by consultations with partners and stakeholders in distribution networks;
- Identify segments and target customers by products;
- Conduct diagnostic exercises of his line of business and develop solutions to solve the issues and take advantage of opportunities identified;
- Prepare and carry out the "business cases" for each initiative affecting his portfolio;
- Establish sales objectives in collaboration with sales managers in the specific sector;
- Research: Perform on-demand research to support organizational projects;.
- Competitive intelligence: monitor and compile market news and benchmark our Investments and Retirement products versus our competitors;
- Develop and develop market monitoring tools (ex: Info-assurance press release), presentations and reports;
- Coordinate multidisciplinary / intersectoral teams to design and develop solutions that meet the demands of the market. (eg Actuarial, Finance, Project Management, IT and Administration);
- Actively participate in the company's strategic planning exercises;
- Maintain competitive analysis in collaboration with "Marketing Analyst";
- Participate in the management and updating of the marketing plans for each of the products under his responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to: Marketing and / or Business Administration) or combinations of equivalent experiences in Marketing
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of management experience in a field related to Marketing; including at least 2 years of product design experience
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in the insurance industry
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in market analysis
- Experience in analysis and research, as well as writing and reporting
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Creative and innovative spirit
- Superior skills of analysis and synthesis
- Superior communication skills (oral and written / English & French)
- Work independently, demonstrate proactivity and formulate tangible solutions
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
To apply for this position, we ask you to submit an application online by Sunday, June 10 2018.