Pharmacy Technician (SCFP8)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 4 -Northwest
FACILITY : Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Pharmacy
CLASSIFICATION : Pharmacy Technician (SCFP8)
STATUS : Permanent part-time
FTE : 0,4
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Rotation day, evening and weekend
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
The incumbent is responsible for interacting with the patient to collect medication information, verify the accuracy of medication preparation, prepare and distribute medications and pharmaceutical products, prepare sterile products including chemotherapy medications, assist the pharmacist in implementing and monitoring medication care plans for patients, ensure the supply of medications and supplies for the area, participate in the destruction of controlled substances, supervise pharmacy technician students and perform office tasks associated with the operation of the pharmacy.
- Registered as a pharmacy technician with the New Brunswick College of Pharmacists and be licensed to practice in New Brunswick (see note);
- Successful completion of the department training programs (handling of cytotoxic agents, preparation of sterile products, medication reconciliation (MedRec) and medication check) as per set deadline;
- Ability to do mathematical calculations accurately;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Knowledge of spoken and written French is essential and knowledge of spoken English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment