Opportunities for Electricians
Opportunities for Electricians
At Irving Tissue, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. We are a family-owned and operated company that has grown to become one of North America's leading manufacturers of household paper products. Irving Tissue produces both branded and private label bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, and napkins. Consumers know us by our Majesta and Royale brands. Our manufacturing facilities are located in Dieppe, New Brunswick, Toronto, Ontario, Fort Edward, New York, and Macon, Georgia.
We are an organization built on more than 125 years of hard work and determination. We are seeking multiple permanent, full-time Electricians with strong instrumentation abilities for current and future opportunities. We are looking for people who are passionate about our history and is excited to be part of our future to join our Toronto (Jane and Weston) location! The rate is $42.074/hour.
- Certificate of Qualification - Red Seal Industrial or Construction Electrician, Instrumentation and Control Technician 447A preferred
- Previous manufacturing experience is an asset
- Previous completion of an electrical apprenticeship is an asset
- Work in fast paced production environment with multiple changing priorities
- Develop instrument specifications and review vendor spec sheets
- Work at heights and in confined space
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Systems (CMMS) is an asset
- Experience with DCS systems, PLC systems, AC/DC drives, 4160V drives, Allen Bradley ControlLogix is an asset
- Willing and able to work rotating shift
- Effective interpersonal skills, especially between work teams
- Adhere to all Site and Department Safe Practices, and ensure anyone working in their immediate area is held to those same standards
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs and documents calibrations, installations, diagnosis, setup and repairs of electronic, electrical, mechanical and pneumatic instruments and systems
- Performs all compliance and scheduled preventive and predictive instrument maintenance
- Execute work orders as scheduled by planners (to include PMs, inspections, rounds, etc.)
- Be involved in root cause analysis, problem solving, and troubleshooting in his or her area of responsibility
- Work collaboratively with all maintenance leaders, technical experts and operational resources
What We Offer:
- The rate is $43.126/hour
- Night shift and Sunday premiums
- Flexible Health and Dental Benefits package
- RRSP retirement plan
- Bonus Program
- Uniform allowance and cleaning services
- Wellness Reimbursement Policy
- On-site cafeteria
Please Apply Online for this Career Opportunity
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted for our current and future opportunities.
For more information on our products and services, click here.
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
Irving Tissue, a division of Irving Consumer Products Ltd., is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.