EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS & SECURITY SERVICES
Competition number: J0518-0502
Status: Full-time, continuing
Annual Salary: $109,300 to $176,900
Closing date: June 10, 2018
Canada is our stage.
Those four words inform everything we do as a catalyst for performance, creation and learning across this great land. We are proud to be a home for many of Canada's most exciting artists who captivate audiences on our stages and on stages across the country.
The Executive Director is responsible for providing leadership, direction, and management for all aspects of plant maintenance, CAPEX budgeting and planning, project and asset management, building security, and parking operations, to ensure that practices and systems are in place to enable the Centre to meet its operational and capital projects objectives. As a member of the NAC's Senior Management Committee, this position reports directly to the President and CEO.
Ensure that the building assets are safeguarded and controlled, that resources are managed economically and efficiently, and that operations are carried out effectively.
Responsible for a budget of over $10 million and a newly renovated building facility of over a million square feet.
Oversee maintenance management systems and practices; prioritize project repairs and maintenance work and plan for their efficient and timely completion.
Ensure comprehensive and up-to-date information on the condition of the building by developing a long-term operating and capital plan; integrate new initiatives into the financial planning exercise so that there is capacity to achieve the strategic goals and priorities within the planned time frame and maintain the functionality of the Centre over the longer term.
Oversee the security division and consistently ensure the highest level of security is being provided to our patrons, visitor, artists and employees.
- University degree in a related field of study such as Engineering or Business Management;
- Several years of progressively responsible experience in a complex building facility;
- Experience in security operations management;
- Experience negotiating and managing service contracts;
- Proven ability to analyze financial information efficiently and accurately;
- Proven ability to develop strategic plans, create and maintain budgets, manage cash flow and track expenditure;
- A strategic and collaborative leader with highly developed project management, people management and a history of effective relationships with senior officials;
- Proven ability to influence senior management with regard to key strategies;
- Knowledge and experience of organizational effectiveness and operations management, as well as implementing best practices;
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives;
- Understanding of the sensitivity required when working in a creative environment;
- Commitment to the mission and core values of the NAC and ability to model those values in service delivery and partnerships;
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions;
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times;
- Proficiency in both official languages is mandatory.
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage candidates to self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
How to apply?
Please submit your application online through our website, at www.nac-cna.ca
The successful candidate will be required to provide a valid Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.
CONNECT WITH US: