Project Engineer, Municipal Infrastructure
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently seeking an Intermediate Engineer to join our Municipal Engineering department, located at our Owen Sound office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for the preparation of engineering reports, documents, and drawings involving planning, analysis and design of Municipal infrastructure projects.
- Design linear infrastructure and water and wastewater facilities;
- Coordinate the preparation of drawings required for approvals, prepare development and construction cost estimates;
- Contribute to the cost effective, proper and timely production of engineering designs, that meet all client and approval agency requirements and standards;
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets and quality control standards are achieved;
- Provide construction support and/or project management services for municipal, provincial, and federal projects as required;
- Provide technical guidance to junior technical staff (E.I.T. and C.E.T);
- Provide Quality Management by ensuring quality procedures are followed for drawings and reports;
- Actively participate in business development opportunities
- Develop and maintain ongoing client relationships;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent;
- 8+ years' experience in the design of municipal infrastructure and/or transportation projects;
- Municipal engineering background (water and wastewater, municipal road reconstructions, land development, multidiscipline);
- Design experience in stormwater management will be considered an asset;
- Licensed to practice under the Professional Engineers Ontario;
- Engineering consulting experience will be considered an asset;
- Experience working with Indigenous communities is considered an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities microsite.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.