Team Lead Geotechnical Engineer- Dams
QUEBEC OR MONTREAL
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is looking for a Team Lead Geotechnical - Dams Engineer or a Engineer, Geotechnical Senior- Power.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director - Engineering, the Team Leader shall have the following responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise work conducted by engineers, technicians and draftpersons part of his/her discipline within the Civil and Geotechnical Engineering Department
- Provide support to engineers under his/her supervision part of his/her discipline and ensure their development through knowledge transfer
- In charge of the technical quality of deliverables issued by his/her team within is discipline
- Ensure administrative and technical management within is discipline
- Project Manager/Director, in charge of design and preparation of plans and specifications, design notes and reports for various Power and Civil Engineering projects such as:
- Embankments, dams
- Cofferdams (temporary earthfill structures)
- Hydropower structures
- River works, bank stabilization and hydraulic structures
- Access roads
- Various structures which require civil development plans
- Assume the management of construction projects and field teams
- Participate in the preparation of proposals and business development
- Establish and maintain contact with clients as to define their needs and present technical information, concepts or study results
- Assist Management with various aspects of management, business development, etc. for the growth of the business unit
- Other related tasks that could facilitate the execution of the project and technical development of the business unit
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Geological Engineering or equivalent program
- 10+ years of relevant experience in design in the discipline
- Experience in civil structures construction and contractor management is an asset
- Additional experience in hydraulics, structure and/or mining facilities is an asset
- Experience in administration and human resources management
- Registered P.Eng. status with the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec
- Demonstrate leadership, initiative, attention to detail, ability to work in a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (both French and English)
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities microsite.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.