Director, Human Resources
DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCES
The Construction and Equipment Division, a part of the J.D. Irving, Limited's group of companies, is a key player in the North American construction industry. With five operating units within the division, the group provides heavy equipment and crane services, civil construction, modular home and commercial buildings, wallboard manufacturing, and steel and fabrication services to its customers.You will discover a fast-paced work environment and gain exposure to a wide range of industrial, commercial, infrastructure and residential projects. We are always seeking to attract the very best talent for our varied operations.
The Director of Human Resources, a key strategic business partner, reporting to the VP of Construction and Equipment and working with the Divisions leadership team, will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategic HR policies and programs.
As an experienced, hands on proactive leader, you will be responsible for leading a team of HR professionals in executing effective and efficient HR services that drive company performance. Your comprehensive knowledge of leading HR processes, systems and programs, particularly around talent, employee relations and performance management is complimented by an ability to clearly articulate the company's mission and values to all levels of the organization.
Your practical business sense and hands on approach allows you to contribute to the operational and organizational success of the company. You are exceptional at influencing and communicating and adept at building relationships and promoting teamwork from the front line to the leadership team. You are well versed in current HR best practices and have a proven track record for developing and executing strategies that support the company's journey towards world class HR.
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Human Resources, Business, or a related discipline
- Experience Required:10 + years' relevant experience in Human Resources, with some experience in a leadership capacity
- A CPHR designation or equivalent
- Strong personal credibility, influencing and communication skills
- Exposure to Continuous Improvement tools, methodologies and culture is an asset
- Previous experience working within a Shared Services business model is an asset
- Experience and a proven track record working in both non-bargaining and unionized environments is an asset
- Provide leadership and guidance for the development and implementation of common HR programs and policies across the organization
- Ensure HR fundamentals and processes are delivered on time and with highest quality standards
- Implement and execute initiative and or projects to support HR vision
- Manage change and communication internally and externally in relation to process, people and systems, to ensure success
- Determine best practices for HR business partner service level and relationships.
- Coaching and developing HR Business Partners in executing effective and efficient HR services that drive company performance
- Serves as the primary point of contact with key stakeholders (COE, Shared Services, management, external agencies, union locals, etc.) on all human resources matters
- Helps develop talent within the company to meet current and future needs including apprentice and leadership development
We appreciate your interest in our company. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited - Construction and Equipment Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.