Supply Chain Director- Purchasing
SUPPLY CHAIN DIRECTOR - PURCHASING
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
Reporting to the Vice President - Supply Chain, the Supply Chain Director - Procurement will be responsible for the execution of the Supply Chain Strategy, and for the cost, quality, and delivery performance of the supply base in support of Irving Shipbuilding Inc.
This is a full time, permanent staff role (one opening) located in Halifax N.S.
Requirements, Knowledge & Skills
- 10-15 years of management and leadership in Supply Chain Management
- First degree in a relevant discipline with professional accreditations or a MBA
- Excellent numeracy, business acumen, financial analysis and IT skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and diverse business
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience in modern Shipbuilding, heavy engineering, capital projects or Defense would be an advantage
- Managing vision and purpose
- Drive for results
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Decision Quality
- Conflict management and consensus building
- Building effective teams
- Developing people
- Working with the members of Production and Planning, provide leadership that ensures all production strategy requirements are effectively met by suppliers
- Ensure that production is planned within the capability of the supply chain and with active management of any constraints
- Direct and manage the delivery of products and services to ISI from external suppliers, including all raw materials and finished parts, equipment, commodities and subcontractors.
- Build relationships at Executive level with suppliers to ensure that problems, issues and improvement opportunities are addressed in a timely and effective manner
- Develop and continuously improve the capability of the supply base.
- Manage all suppliers' costs to target.
- Continually assess supply chain risks and build appropriate mitigation strategies and contingency plans.
- Develop and continuously improve the capability of the organization, deploying supply chain professionals to further the aims of the company and in compliance with the ISI Business Management Model.
- Provide input to the design and development of the supply chain, including supplier selection
- Drive improvement in the performance of the overall supply chain.
- Drive continuous improvement in all operational processes in the business
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
For further details please contact Tracey MacCharles at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.