Accounting Student Job- Fall 2018 Co-op - Finance Division
ACCOUNTING CO-OP STUDENT
J. D. Irving, Limited is a large diversified conglomerate based in Saint John, New Brunswick with over 15,000 employees in Canada, the United States and select international jurisdictions. Our operations span the forestry, transportation, retail, shipbuilding, food & agriculture, consumer products and construction industries.
This Accounting Co-op Student position is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure in the accounting field with a large and diversified company. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with the team's accountants and gain hands on experience in a fast paced group.
This is the Right Work Term for You if You Have:
- Education Required:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Business degree program
- In good standing and returning to school in Fall 2018.
- Years of Experience Required: < 2 years
- Long term interest in an accounting career and pursuing the Chartered Professional Accounting Designation
- High energy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (particularly Excel)
- Team player
- Attention to detail
What You Can Expect During Your Work Term:
- Assist with year-end coordination and activities
- Perform payables transactions and various reconciliations
- Perform various compliance audits including
- Complete work term project
- Complete recommended training
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online!
When applying please be sure to include your resume and transcript.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.