Community Health Coordinator
Reporting to the Manager, Community Health Programs, the incumbent is responsible for the coordination of the specific Community Health programs in an assigned geographic area of New Brunswick. These Community Health programs include, but are not limited to Home Support and the Health Equipment Loans Program (help) as well as other community initiatives.
- Coordinate the delivery and growth of Home Support programs in a manner consistent with established policies and procedures in assigned area.
- Coordination of the day to day delivery of the Health Equipment Loan Program (help) in a designated geographic area of New Brunswick.
- Supervise human resources within established Society, provincial and contracted requirements to achieve predetermined program outcomes with the most efficient and effective use of employee and volunteer skills.
- Execute a comprehensive volunteer resource management program to support the help program in a designated geographic area of New Brunswick.
- Coordinate the volunteer information system administration using Raiser's Edge.
- Coordination of day to day administrative functions in a designated geographic area of New Brunswick.
- Employees and Volunteers at every level are responsible for safe work practices and to adhere to practices outlined in their applicable provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Support other Red Cross initiatives, as needed, to provide for a coordinated team effort to meeting the needs of the vulnerable in the community.
- The minimum qualifications for this job are completion of post-secondary education or diploma in a healthrelated field with one to three years of job-related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience working with seniors is considered an asset.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple issues simultaneously in a complex client based environment.
- Sound decision making abilities, combined with strong organizational skills, are essential.
- Excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, in English and French is mandatory.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and presentation skills.
- Previous experience working with volunteers and the ability to supervise is considered an asset.
- Valid driver's license with willingness to travel within province.
- A satisfactory driver's abstract is required.
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector and Prior Contact Checks are required.
- Standard First Aid & CPR certification is required.
- Ability to deploy within the province and/or Canada for a 2 to 3 week period, as required
Interested candidates should forward their resume indicating their interest via:
Application Deadline is Monday, May 28, 2018
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer. Although we thank all applicants for their submissions, we will respond only to those we wish to interview.