Medical Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist (3041)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Laboratory - Hematology
CLASSIFICATION : Medical Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist (3041)
STATUS : Temporary Full-Time (approximately 1 year)
FTE : 1.0
HOURS OF WORK :
Day, evening and night shifts
8 hour and/or 12 hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
JOB SUMMARY :
Perform tasks partly technical, among others, make pre-analytical preparations for analysis; prepare and store supplies orders, clean and decontaminate work surfaces and equipment. Assume any other related duties as per the needs of the service
- High school diploma plus an additional program or course of medical laboratory assistant of a length of 6 month to a year;
- Knowledge of information technology;
- Skills in the application of clean and aseptic techniques used in the laboratory;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organization values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitality Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalté Health Network is a smoke-free environment