Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : Non Bargaining
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Medical Genetics
CLASSIFICATION : Genetics Advisor
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : June 2018
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
The successful candidate will spend most of their time on genetic clinical practice with patients and their loved ones; they will ensure to provide accurate and qualified genetic counselling and to develop appropriate support plans.
- Master's degree in genetic counselling;
- Experience in pediatric and adult genetics;
- Knowledge of support programs to guide families;
- Clinical consulting skills;
- Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work
- Good work history (performance and attendance)
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by the Network
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.