Pharmacy Administrative Manager
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital
CLASSIFICATION: Pharmacy Administrative Manager
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
08:00 to 16:00
Stand-by and call-back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the authority of the Pharmacy Manager, the Administrative Manager of the department organizes, coordinates and controls the non-clinical activities of the Pharmacy Department. They ensure that quality services are provided. In conjunction with the Department Manager, they develop policies and procedures for the operation of the department in compliance with legislation; regulations; practice and Accreditation Canada standards; and Vitalité Health Network policies and procedures. They plan the departmental activities related to the strategic plans of the department and organization as well as to identified needs. They are responsible for management of the allocated budget; purchasing of pharmaceutical products, equipment and supplies; human resources; risk management; and the quality program.
- Undergraduate degree in administration;
- Master's in administration considered as an asset;
- Minimum of five years' experience in financial and human resources management (preferably in a unionized environment);
- A combination of training and experience deemed equivalent may be considered;
- Experience working with management tools to improve the quality and effectiveness of processes (e.g. LEAN, Six Sigma) considered as an asset;
- Strong demonstrated management skills, including planning; program development and evaluation; conflict resolution; human resource, financial, and material management; and problem-solving and analysis;
- Demonstrated ability to use evidence-based data in decision-making;
- Ability to form productive partnerships and to recognize those with whom they work;
- Strong sense of responsibility and demonstrated ability to delegate tasks and responsibilities;
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize assigned tasks;
- Excellent coaching skills;
- Participatory leadership style that is focused on clients and outcomes and inspires commitment, respect, compassion and equity;
- Ability to participate in and adhere to change and to manage it with a positive attitude;
- Interpersonal skills promoting a climate that is conducive to welcoming clients, to concern for clients, and to effective communication;
- Good knowledge of and ability to use computer tools and office automation applications (Word, Excel, Internet, Outlook);
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
1. Salary commensurate with provincial scale for management staff.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment