Laundry Services Worker
Service New Brunswick
Laundry Services Worker
Edmundston Regional Hospital
Service New Brunswick is seeking an individual to join the Laundry and Linen Services within the Health Services Division as a Laundry Services Worker.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Retrieve carts of soiled laundry
- Empty and wash carts
- Sort, weigh, and record soiled laundry; remove and dispose of bio-hazardous materials
- Operate and unload washing machines
- Sort, weigh, fold, and record clean laundry
- Distribute clean laundry carts; load and unload laundry trucks as required
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Show others how to perform tasks or duties as a part of departmental orientation
- Deliver excellent customer service when interacting with our customers
- Adhere to corporate policies and procedures
Essential Qualifications: The successful candidate must possess a high school diploma or successful completion of G.E.D.
- Physically able to perform other duties such as bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, and lifting
- Ability to operate a computer
- Ability to read, write, and follow verbal and written instruction
- Ability to function in a changing work environment
- Ability to work alone and in a team
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure
- Demonstrated good work performance and attendance record
- Written and spoken competence in French is required
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
Operational Requirements: This position requires flexibility in working hours, which includes some work during evenings and weekends
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Note: To be given consideration under this competition, you must demonstrate on your application how, when and where you acquired the qualifications required for this position. Your résumé must present education and work experience in reverse chronological order, with work experience detailed in both months and years, and whether it was part-time or full?time (e.g. May 2000 to June 2004 — full-time).
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote a scent-reduced environment.
Hourly Rate: $16.91 - $18.21 – Canadian Union of Public Employees – Local 1251
We encourage applicants to apply online by clicking here, indicating competition number LSW-Edmundston.
THIS COMPETITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL POSITIONS ARE FILLED.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!