Social Worker 1 (SW01)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : SCHP
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Community Mental Health Centre - Bouctouche and Saint-Louis-de-Kent
DEPARTMENT : Community Mental Health Centre (Child / Youth Program)
CLASSIFICATION : Social Worker 1 (SW01)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (approximatively 10 months)
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Under the authority of the Youth Services Manager and the supervision of the Child-Youth Team Clinical Coordinator, the social worker works in a team with the various mental health clinicians, in the middle School, Social Development and Public Safety Stakeholders to provide youth aged 0 to 21 with emotional or behavioral disorders with a range of services related to the social work profession. The main duties of the position include crisis intervention, evaluation, planning, stabilization and follow-up of clients and those around them. The position requires travel and the social worker must provide transportation.
- Member in good standing of The New Brunswick Association of Social Workers;
- Bachelor of Social Work;
- Experience in child/adolescent mental health would be an asset;
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training Certificate (ASIST) or acquire the certificate within six months after obtaining the position;
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training Certificate (CPI) or acquire the certificate within six months after obtaining the position;
- Clinical experience in intervention in crisis situations and emergencies;
- Computer knowledge (SPSC and Microsoft Office);
- Recognized ability to function in a changing work environment with different populations;
- Recognized leadership and decision-making skills;
- Recognized skills in communication and interpersonal relationships with colleagues, clients and their families as well as community agencies and departments;
- Previous work experience with this kind of population, community agencies and services;
- Valid driver's licence (class 5);
- Valid driving licence (class 5) and good driving record;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organization values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitality Health Network.
Spoken and written competence in French and English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment