J.D. Irving, Limited - IT Division in Saint John, NB
Manager Risk and Security
J.D. Irving, Limited , Information Technology Division is the destination of choice for naturally curious, energetic & collaborative people excited about the internet of things, data, mobility & innovative solutions while always focused on the delivery of the customer experience.
With over 270 employees centralized in Saint John, Dieppe and Halifax, we offer our people the opportunity to engage in project deliveries that add business value to our organization while enjoying the friendly and beautiful communities of the Maritimes.
We invest in continuous professional growth through strong career development and training programs. As a key member of our team, your coworkers will be among the best in Maritimes - that's why JDI.
We have a new full time opportunity for Manager Risk and Security.
Position Overview: The Manager , Risk and Security is a collaborative member of the IT Operations Leadership Team reporting to the Director, Risk Management. This dynamic role is critical to ensuring the confidentiality , availability and integrity of J.D. Irving, Limited's IT environment. The candidate must have a deep understanding of security and risk management principles and be effective at both leading and influencing a team of technology professions in a large, fast moving organization. As a leader in the IT Division, delivering services within the operations team and to the organization as a whole, the Risk and Security group takes leadership role in providing an exceptional customer experience while at the same time ensuring that the organization is protected.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Lead & develop a high performing, customer centric team of Security and Risk professionals that balances technical skills with an exceptional service experience
- Implement a strong, metrics driven, security program ensuring the organization is secure in a cost effective yet timely manner
- Manage a Risk Management program based on Industry best practices
- Lead the evolution of both Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Programs.
- Develop & manage a security awareness program that educates the user community
- Implement & manage the appropriate technical controls to ensure that the organization is protected within its risk appetite
- Lead a program to ensure the availability and security of the organization's diverse industrial control systems
Position Requirements, Education and Experience:
- University Degree, College Diploma or Relevant Experience Required
- CISSP or similar certification Required
- 5 years' experience in complex IT environments
- 5 years' managing an IT Security Program
- Experience leading & developing a high performing and diverse security & risk team
- Utilization of penetration testing tools and techniques or Red Team exercises
- Design and implementation of vulnerability management programs
- Implementation and management of security incident and event management programs
- Design and implementation of security analytics
- Knowledge of Process Control Systems concepts and technology
- Able to obtain Canadian Government Security Clearance
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.