Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Barganing
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Restigouche Hospital Centre
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: June 11, 2018
HOURS OF WORK:
Day shifts - 08:00 to 16:00
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
This is a clinical work in the field of kinesiology. The employee is responsible for coordinating and supervising exercise programs for patients with psychiatric illness. Responsibilities will consist of preparing and supervising exercise sessions; provide educational classes on the exercise and prepare the necessary materials. Moreover, the development, organization and animation of sports programs will also be part of its main tasks. Additional responsibilities include monitoring the patient's response to exercise (heart rate, blood pressure, EPR, and ECG interpretation) and making adjustments to exercise programs as needed. The work also includes participation in the planning and implementation of program activities, and may include quality improvement, performance management and statistical development activities, trainee training and research as well as workload management.
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology;
- Certified Clinical Exercise Specialist with the ACSM would be an asset:
- Active member of the New Brunswick Kinesiology Association;
- One (1) year experience in the field would be an asset;
- Recognized BLS course and update completed within past year;
- Back in Form training or registration for upcoming session;
- Sense of leadership and motivation;
- Analytical, synthesizing and decision-making skills;
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to foster helping relationships;
- Knowledge of community resources in health and social services;
- Ability to work during very busy periods;
- Client teaching skills;
- Following personal qualities: sound judgment, initiative and creativity, and adaptation to change
- Discretion and confidentiality in previous job;
- Brief description of desired position and explanation of interest in position;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
NOTE: Salary according to provincial scale for management staff.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment