Building System Analyst - SHIFT Energy
We are people passionate about innovative energy efficiency, providing a valuable, operationally-focused energy management solution to the market, and making a contribution to a healthier planet. We are driven to improve energy performance for our customers by monitoring and managing their energy spend through the automation of their daily building systems operational activities. We do this to save our customers money, reduce their carbon footprint and make the world a better place for future generations.
Shift Energy's Energy Optimization System [EOS] automates the real time tuning of independent energy systems for large building complexes. The world's leading building managers are using Internet-based Big Data and low cost IoT sensors to drive down energy operational costs.
Shift Energy is part of the Mariner Partners group of companies, known for investing in and building technology companies with themes of big data, software innovation, commitment to customer success and developing international growth markets. In addition to Shift Energy, Mariner Partners consists of Mariner xVu, Mariner Innovations and East Valley Ventures:
- Mariner xVu is the world leader in Software Defined Monitoring for managed and unmanaged IP video, streaming and broadband/Wi-Fi networks. Our software helps operators centrally manage the complexity required to deliver new video services with real-time visibility into subscriber experience - anywhere.
- East Valley , the start-up acceleration division of Mariner Partners, has made over 30 investments, with multiple exits, including Q1 Labs, Internet Security for Banking, sold to IBM; and Radian6, Marketing Cloud Analytics sold to SalesForce.com. The organization specializes in mentoring and providing support to entrepreneurs.
- Mariner Innovations is a leading provider of professional IT services, offering unique expertise in application development, information security, data management and support/maintenance services across communications, industrial, utility and the public sector
Founded in 2003, Mariner Partner's head office is located in Saint John, New Brunswick. We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work - our team and our customers are located in major cities across Canada and in North and South America and Europe.
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work - our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We are proud to have been recognized by Progress magazine as one of Atlantic Canada's TOP 101 companies, ranking #46 on 2015's list, up from #62 in 2014.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world's largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!
As a Building System Analyst, you will provide technical expertise and support to our customers as well as the internal delivery team. In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve problems in all areas of our customer solutions. Your areas of responsibility may include a wide scope such as:
- Software configuration and testing
- Customer EOS gateway configuration and troubleshooting
- Occasional travel to customer locations if required
- Participation in an on-call rotation
- Standard Document Creation and Adherence
As there are no distinct borders between the areas, you will need to be flexible and master more than one area. The technical development is rapid and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
- A natural ability to quickly adapt to, and implement new technology
- Some familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- A proven track record providing technical support to customers.
- Ability to work as part of a cohesive team as well as able to function independently, with minimal supervision.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a technical, customer facing role.
- Some familiarity with building automation technologies such as Tridium JACE, BACnet, MODBUS.
- Some familiarity with HVAC technologies, Air Handers, Chillers, Ice Plants, etc.
- SQL experience an asset
- NIAGARA Certification an asset
- Direct experience with major building control systems (Johnson Control, Honeywell, Siemens) an asset