Receiver - Full Time
Sobeys Inc. in Fredericton, NB
Requisition ID: 40592
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Retail - Store
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: New Brunswick (CA-NB)
Location: 2575 Lawtons Drugs Regent Street
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Are you passionate about providing excellent customer service? Then Lawtons Drugs is looking for you to join their team!
The Receiver is responsible for providing customers with friendly, professional service. Working with the Front Store Manager and Department Managers to ensure that products are accurately received. Actively contributes to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide internal and external customer service to meet all customers needs
- Receive all incoming product, verifying packing slips to goods, keying in product information into the Chainware or Assist system
- Ensures company receiving policies and procedures are followed and logs are completed daily
- Maintain back shop
- Assist with unloading delivery
- Ensure that all equipment is in good working order by reporting any unsafe equipment or conditions
- Provide internal customer service by effectively communicating with store management and staff and providing updates on shipments as required
- Provides assistance in building displays and ordering
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
- Perform administrative duties as required
- Ability to work independently in a fast pasted environment
- Above average communication skills both oral and written
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Involves physical work, including but not limited to, bending, lifting and reaching
- Exposure to varying temperatures over short periods of time
- Exposure to sanitation and cleaning chemicals
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs
- Two person lift required for weights exceeding 50lbs
- Available one Saturday per month and must be flexible during peak season
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.