Our client, the Waterfront Development Corporation, is a Nova Scotia crown corporation with a mandate to redevelop and revitalize waterfront lands in Nova Scotia. Their role is to ensure these lands and buildings are planned, developed, managed and programmed, in partnership with the private sector, to drive economic prosperity for Nova Scotia. Their work maintains public access to water's edge and ensures the waterfronts are key destinations for residents and visitors, and platforms for business success. Please visit www.my-waterfront.ca for more details on Waterfront Development.
Waterfront Development Corporation is currently seeking a Controller for their Halifax office. This is a permanent opportunity. As the successful candidate, you take initiative and succeed in a dynamic, high growth environment.
- Day to day accounting management
- Monthly reporting
- Cash flow reporting, monitoring and analysis
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Creating and generating other financial and ad hoc reports
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation
- Four to seven years of similar experience
- Strong ability to work independently, make valuable recommendations and prioritize
- Demonstrated proactive self-starter, ability to identify process improvement opportunities and follow through with improvement initiatives from identification to completion
- Proven success in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Exceptional leadership, problem solving and communication skills
- Demonstrated team player and collaborative style
- Successful in a constantly changing environment
- Experience in the real estate industry would be an asset
- Experience in implementing a new accounting software system would be an asset
Our client rewards hard work and dedication, and offers a highly competitive salary and defined benefit pension plan.
This role will appeal to you if you thrive in a high-paced, constantly changing environment. If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Troy D. Yeo, CPA, CA, in confidence, at 902-405-3523. Alternatively, please forward your resume by email to email@example.com,. Please quote position #AS13469-CB.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accountant Staffing is Atlantic Canada's only specialist recruitment firm focusing exclusively on the placement of accounting and finance professionals. Organizations use the services of Accountant Staffing to fill a variety of roles from Junior Accountant to Chief Financial Officer. For more information about Accountant Staffing or to view additional positions, please visit our website at www.accountantstaffing.com.