Courseware Field Service Rep. (CFSR)
Petawawa, ON | Training and Education | Experienced | Full-time
As a CFSR, you will be responsible for client relationship and stakeholder liaison to facilitate on-site courseware in-service support. In this function, you will support the analysis, design and development of online and blended training solutions. Working closely with Clients, Managers, Instructional Designers, Subject Matter Experts, Project Managers and Developers, you will maintain custom training solutions that meet specific program and organizational goals.
What you'll do
- Lead the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of customer training requirements through the application of sound instructional design methods (Canadian Forces Individual Training and Education System) and use of the learning media;
- Collaborate with the client to guide, manage, and recommend maintenance of courseware;
- Produce lesson guidance documentation (design guidance documents and scripted storyboards);
- Manage entire course life cycle and client group processes in collaboration with the Product Development Lead, contributing to the ongoing improvement of instructional design;
- Interface with Subject Matter Experts to evaluate accuracy and completeness of all learning objectives;
- Assess courseware impact on the technical and training publications and assist in recertification where required;
- Coordinate and assign resources to tasks;
- Recommend instructional methods appropriate for the content, target audience and scope of the project;
- Ensure quality control of training programs (visual, instructional/content and functionality) including editing and modifying programs;
- Select instructional/learning methods that are appropriate for the audience and intended outcomes;
- Design custom training solutions in collaboration with clients and SMEs to achieve client goals;
- Conduct analysis of training materials, identify gaps and make recommendations for improvement;
- Make training recommendations based on target audience;
- Conduct analysis of training environment (including current infrastructure and facilities) in order to identify strengths and weaknesses, and to recommend improvements.
Training Needs and Documentation
- Assist in the conduct needs and cause analysis as well as other training development duties for client training requirements;
- Participate in Training Development Working Groups (TDWG) and operational training events where required.
- Provide input into best practices for evaluation of outputs designed to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of courseware developed for training;
- Participate in programmatic planning and coordination meetings and provide inputs that best suit client needs and objectives;
- Conduct courseware configuration management tasks;
- Support project management activities.
- Bachelor Degree or Certification in Adult Education or diploma in Instructional Design or equivalent practical experience;
- Experience with training systems planning, development, and evaluation;
- Familiarity with implementing and delivering eLearning systems;
- Experience developing instructional courseware in a technical software environment or experience in developing lesson plans and/or curriculum, or equivalent experience;
- Thorough understanding of the Web as an instructional medium with a background in designing content for eLearning courses (Web-based) would be considered an asset;
- A proven ability to assess content design and document development processes;
- Knowledge of AFILE and DLN courseware administration is strongly desired;
- CFITES experience is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work well independently;
- Strong research and writing skills;
- Project management experience would be considered an asset;
- Bilingualism (English/French) would be considered an asset;
- Must be able to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance.
- Instructional Design
- Training Needs Analysis
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTS) operates within the defense and aerospace industry where it designs and develops highly specialized, high performance, tactical training for front line operators of equipment working in complex environments and high-risk situations. This includes, training systems needs analysis, custom courseware development, virtual simulation training devices, and ongoing training support for in service support. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky.
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, benefits, and exceptional career growth potential. Please forward your resume, in confidence, to be considered for this current vacancy. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best…