Service New Brunswick
Pay Band 4
Service New Brunswick is seeking individuals to join the Infrastructure Operations Branch within the Technology Services Division as a Technical Analyst.
As Technical Analyst, you will work as part of a team of professionals responsible for the continuous development, operation and support of the infrastructure for the Government of New Brunswick. The Technical Analyst team will ensure that the appropriate technology to address business and operational requirements is recommended, acquired, installed, configured and used in an efficient and effective manner. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- provide service to SNB clients and ensure processes and procedures are aligned to the SNB shared-services delivery model
- provide operational support of the corporate infrastructure and maintain various systems with the primary focus on the government's line of business applications
- provide system setup, installation, configuration and maintenance including but not limited to hardware, operating systems and applications
- Test and implement updates including but not limited to firmware, system patches and application upgrades
- troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, application and various IT equipment problems potentially engaging internal or external resources for solving complex problems
- monitor overall performance of the IT environment and make recommendations for improvement
- respond to incidents, requests for service and support, and potentially coordinate resolution with internal or external resources
- act as a technical resource on various IT-related projects and initiatives
- document and maintain current systems, processes, and procedures
- ensure that ITIL methodologies including Change, Incident and Problem Management are an aspect of all infrastructure and system support
Essential Qualifications: A university degree in Computer Science and a minimum of four (4) years of related experience. Subject to the response to this competition, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered, or the required years of experience may be increased.
Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
Asset Qualifications: Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate they have training or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Enterprise Operating Systems - Microsoft Windows Server 2012/R2/2016, Oracle Linux, Red Hat Linux.
- Middleware Applications - Apache, IIS, JBoss, Tomcat
- Server Management/Monitoring tools – SCOM, SCCM
- Active Directory, Group Policy administration
- Patch Management strategies
- Backup solutions - NetBackup, EMC Networker, Veeam, EMC Data Domain
- Enterprise Servers - Cisco UCS, Dell, HP C-Class
- Enterprise Storage Environments – EMC VNX, EMC Isilon, Brocade and Cisco MDS FC switches
- Disaster Recovery Planning and Implementation
- VMWare products – ESXi, vCenter, VROPS
- Experience with networking, data center technologies, physical and virtual servers
- DNS, DHCP, Digital Certificates Management
- Experience with the technical implementation of client/server and three-tiered custom applications, and infrastructure management and monitoring software
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
Operational Requirements: This position requires flexibility in working hours, which includes evenings and weekends. The successful candidates will be required to be on call for after-hours support.
Candidates will be required to undergo a Criminal History Clearance prior to appointment and must be willing to obtain a security clearance.
Behavioural Competencies: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Client Service Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Teamwork and Cooperation
Technical Competencies: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Specialized Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge
- Planning & Organizing Skills
- Consulting Skills
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $48,178 - $67,366 annually – Pay Band 4 - Management and Non-Union Pay Plan
We encourage applicants to apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca or by email at HR-RH@snb.ca by indicating competition number 2017-SNB-621. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
THIS COMPETITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL POSITIONS ARE FILLED
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!