Back End Web Developer
St. John's, NL Technology and Digital Media Experienced Full-time
We are seeking a talented developer to work on the back end of a game server and a performant, scalable web application. The successful candidate will work closely with our system architect and software design teams to constantly upgrade and optimize the server and application.
This is a full-time position based in St. John's, NL working with a successful business that values highly motivated individuals and a friendly atmosphere.
What you'll do
- Develop application code, applying your knowledge of best standards and design patterns;
- Improve upon and build features into both a performant, scalable web application and game server back ends;
- Collaborate with other team members on the development of a front facing RESTful API;
- Manage, update and design database structures and queries.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent;
- Experience in object-oriented software development;
- Strong analytical skills for complex and creative problem solving;
- Experience with Java;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work closely with team members;
- Demonstrated ability to write clean code;
- Ability to self-manage and provide realistic and achievable deliverables.
A little bit about us
Clockwork Fox Studios
Clockwork Fox is transforming the way kids experience and learn math. We?re an ed-tech startup in an ambitious growth phase. Our product, Zorbit?s Math Adventure, constitutes a series of awesome games for kids, supported by a dashboard for teachers and our leading edge adaptive learning platform. Our culture embraces friendly, happy people who are innovative and ambitious. We have lots of those fancy startup perks, but without the typically heavy startup work hours.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Competitive salary
- Bonus structure and stock options
- 3 weeks' paid vacation
- Cost-shared health and dental insurance
- Innovative, fun, and energetic culture
- Flexible work schedules
- Regular social events
- Casual dress code
- Fully stocked cupboards and fridges