Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : NBNU
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Community Mental Health Centre - Grand Falls
DEPARTMENT : Community Mental Health Centre - Grand Falls (Adult Short Term)
CLASSIFICATION : Registered Nurse class A (RNCA)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (undetermined)
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Possibility of night and weekend
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
The successful applicant will work with a multidisciplinary team and provide a full range of psychiatric nursing care and services to adults with various mental health problems. The work involves duties such as assessing new requests for service, consultation, helping relationship, treatment, case management, and crisis intervention. The incumbent must show initiative and sound professional judgment and be able to provide various interventions to facilitate recovery. The development and maintenance of effective working relations with clients, families, physicians, co-workers, other departments and agencies, and the general public constitute an important aspect of this position. The incumbent will have to be very flexible as regards unexpected schedule changes to meet service delivery requirements. Duties will also include the administration of neuroleptic injections. The incumbent may also occasionally be asked to travel to go to work in the other mental health centres in the Northwest Zone.
- Active member of the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing and one (1) years' experience in mental health and/or a degree from a recognized nursing school followed by a post-secondary certificate in mental health and three (3) years' experience in mental health;
- Knowledge of the various mental health problems;
- Good knowledge of local, regional and provincial resources;
- Good knowledge of and ability to use computer tools;
- Valid BCLS certificate and recertification obtained within the past year;
- ASIST training or registration for upcoming training;
- Professionalism and ability to establish helping relationships;
- Ability to deliver basic nursing care;
- Ability to teach clients;
- Sense of responsibility and ability to work quickly;
- Discretion in previous work;
- Following personal qualities: sound judgment, initiative, creativity, and ability to adapt to change;
- Brief description of desired position and explanation of interest in position;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Knowledge of spoken and written French is essential and knowledge of spoken English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment