J.D. Irving, Limited - IT Division in Multiple Locations
Saint John, NB | Fredericton, NB | Dieppe, NB | Halifax, NS
Are you excited about the internet of things, data, mobility & innovative solutions while always focused on the delivery of the customer experience?
Then please, keep reading!
We are J.D. Irving, Limited & our Information Technology Team work with the latest and best t echnology and we are the destination of choice for curious, energetic & collaborative people!
With over 270 employees centralized in Saint John, Dieppe and Halifax, we offer our people the opportunity to add business value to our organization while enjoying the friendly and naturally beautiful lifestyle that only the Maritimes can offer.
We invest in continuous professional growth through strong career development programs. As a key member of our team, your coworkers will be among the best in Maritimes! That's why, JDI .
We have a new opportunity!
We currently have a full time opportunity for an Exchange Administrator
Position Overview : The Exchange Administrator will be responsible for providing technology support for Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory Infrastructures at J.D. Irving Limited. This role will manage the messaging and communications platforms to the defined performance, availability, and security standards of JDI. Key responsibilities include end user support, incident and problem management, and Exchange enablement.
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities :
- Manage the Enterprise Exchange, and Active Directory environment to ensure integrity, performance, and accessibility of data.
- Provide subject matter knowledge and problem solving abilities
- Plan and execute upgrades, migrations, and platform maintenance activity
- Documenting configurations, changes, issues and technical diagrams for supported systems.
- Day-to-day planning and activities including capacity planning and reviewing performance/statistic logs.
- Analyze, test and implement changes of a broad scope, high complexity and long duration.
- Investigate and resolve complex and unusual problems.
- Liaise with other subject matter experts, development teams, implementation support and production support staff to refine technical specifications, system scope and objectives.
- Configure, manage, maintain and continuously improve server, platform, and application monitoring.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for production support.
- Act as an escalation point to engage and manage all required vendor and external technical resources to effectively troubleshoot issues.
Position Requirements, Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience with Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory
- A degree or diploma in a related discipline
- Ability to describe, create and manage system documentation, including standard operating procedures, and routine status reports; and script development, testing and implementation.
- Demonstrated understanding of incident, problem and change management, and other ITIL processes
- Office 365 and Azure deployment experience
- Experience with VMWare, MS SCOM, MS SCCM
- System Admin experience in Linux/ Unix O/S would be considered an asset.
- ITIL Foundations certified
- Leading Change experience
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.