Bell Aliant Student Positions in Fredericton, NB
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company's vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada's leading communications company, we're committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you're passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Bell Business Markets provides a vast array of communications solutions for small, medium, and large organizations. These include managed data and network solutions, cloud computing, conferencing, Web, security solutions and integrated information and communications technology (ICT) services.
Bell Business Markets Atlantic Professional Services (APS) team has an immediate requirement for a Programmer/Analyst to join their team of professional consultants in Atlantic Canada.
The Programmer/Analyst will participate in the implementation of business systems and the support of existing business systems for our customers. This includes translating business requirements into operational systems based on specifications provided by business and functional analysts. The resources may also perform maintenance and support activities of existing solutions already deployed by our customers.
Working under the direction of a project manager or in a consulting environment, the Programmer / Analyst is responsible for the design, development, testing and maintenance of various components to address all user and business requirements.
- Design and develop user interfaces to internet / intranet applications while setting expectations and priorities throughout the development life cycle
- Complete applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities with other team members
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
- Determine design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests
- Integrate applications and assist with database architecture design and server scripting
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools
- Operate in a consulting environment on Client site
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science with 5 years relevant professional business experience in the design and deployment of web based solutions
- Experience with a Relational Database Management System such as SQL Server and/or Oracle and stored procedures
- Solid interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work on a client site
- Demonstrated team skills and experience working with client teams
- Excellent understanding of software development best practices
- Proven English communication skills
- Teamwork/team leadership
- Client focus
- Quality focus
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivation to learn new technologies and development techniques
Key Technical Skills:
Experience with most of the following:
- Cross-Browser UI development
- Object Oriented Design
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft C#.NET, VB.NET, ASP.NET
- Microsoft MVC Web Projects
- Microsoft Entity Framework
- HTML 5
- JSON, XML,
- Microsoft SQL Server Database Engine, T-SQL
- C#, C++, C
- Java, J2EE, JSP, JSF, Web Services
- SQL Server Integration Services
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Experience developing applications using integration Active Directory authentication
- Mobile Development
- Web Service development
- Oracle Relational Database, P/SQL
- Weblogic Server
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Progress DSXI
- Infranet - Oracle BRM (Billing and Revenue Management)
- OSB (Oracle Service Bus)
- ALSB (Aqualogic), Xquery, ETOMS, OSSJ, Enterprise Service bus, SID based technologies
- ClearCase and ClearQuest
- Ability to travel
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : New Brunswick : Fredericton
Application Deadline: 08/28/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada , NB , Fredericton