Opportunities for Captains
Harbour Development is a large Eastern Canadian Marine Construction and Dredging company based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia with over 60 years of experience delivering professional dredging and marine construction services to various private and public marine stakeholders.Harbour Development is seeking resumes from qualified individuals for the position of Tugboat Captain.
The Master has complete authority and responsibility for taking all necessary actions for safety, pollution prevention and the efficient operation of his vessel.
In all matters which affect or may affect safety or the environment, the Master shall report directly to the Dredge Captain and/or the Designated Person Ashore (D.P.A.)
- Implementing the safety and environmental policy of the Company, motivating the crew in the execution of that policy, issuing orders in a clear and concise manner and reviewing safety and pollution prevention activities.
- Safe and efficient operation of the vessel and support equipment.
- Reporting defects to the Company and other matters with implications for safe operations or pollution risk and which require the assistance of the Company.
- Appraising and coordinating on-board training requirements with the Company.
- Ensuring that all safety information is kept in date and available to all members of the crew at all times.
- Review of on-board contingency plans and ship procedures and reporting any deficiencies to the D.P.A.
- Reporting non-conformities, accidents involving personnel or plant and hazardous situations to the Company.
- Requesting assistance from the Company as may be deemed necessary to ensure safe and pollution free operation of the ship.
- Provide employee scheduling information to the crew.
- 500 ton STCW Certificate or higher
- 3+ years experience
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Harbour Development Incorporated is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.