Psychologist 1 (PC01)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : SHCP
ZONE : Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY : Addiction Services - Campbellton
DEPARTMENT : Adult Services
CLASSIFICATION : Psychologist (PC01)
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, the candidate for this position will provide a full range of adult psychological services in a residential treatment setting for Concurrent Disorders in Addiction Services. He or she may also be asked to contribute to the other services of the center. The psychologist will provide services such as assessment, diagnosis, treatment in individual, family or group therapy, crisis intervention, rehabilitation, counseling and prevention and promotion. He / she must have a holistic approach and offer a variety of interventions in a service delivery model that focuses on client recovery.
- Master's degree in Psychology;
- Member in good standing or eligible to become a member of the College of Psychologists of New Brunswick;
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) or a commitment to undertake such a course;
- One (1) year of experience in Mental Health and / or Addictions Treatment would be an asset;
- Safe clinical judgment and good analytical reasoning ;
- Interest and ability to work with the intended clientele;
- Knowledge in evaluation and intervention with the targeted clientele;
- Demonstrate sensitivity, empathy and respect;
- Good interpersonal skills and efficient communication;
- Leadership and good decision making skills;
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize;
- Adaptability, flexibility, creativity and innovation;
- Ability to work effectively in teams and in partnership with organizations and other departments involved with the client;
- High level of professional autonomy;
- Physically able to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment