Registered Nurse Class B (RNCB)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : NBNU
ZONE : Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY : Jacquet River Health Center
DEPARTMENT : Nursing
CLASSIFICATION : Registered Nurse class B (RNCB)
STATUS : Temporary part-time (approximately 3 years)
FTE : 0.4
ANTICIPATED START DATE : November 4, 2018
HOURS OF WORK :
Community sessions - weekends and evenings
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Under the direction of the Manager of Primary Health Care the incumbent provides supervision to the nursing and clerical staff, leadership in the day-to-day operations at the Health Centre and delivers direct patient care.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing
- Registered with the New Brunswick Nurses Association;
- Current BCLS certificate;
- Three (3) years' nursing experience in acute care or emergency;
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in providing direct patient care to people thoughout the life span;
- Ability to supervise and make decisions;
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and group communication skills;
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Teaching skills as evidenced by the ability to impart knowledge to others;
- Initiative, good judgment, adaptability and organizational skills;
- Functions calmly and efficiently in emergency situations;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in one of the two official languages either English or French and spoken competence in the other official language is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.