Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
BARGAINING UNIT : NBNU
ZONE : Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY : Community Mental Health Centre - Campbellton
DEPARTMENT : Adult Services
CLASSIFICATION : Registered Nurse class A (RNCA)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (approximately 4 months with possibility of extention)
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : June 4, 2018
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour shifts - Rotation
Will be assigned to Mobile Crise Service
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the incumbent will provide a full range of services and psychiatric nursing for CMHC clientele with various mental health issues. The nurse will provide services such as assessment, treatment, therapeutic support, crisis intervention, rehabilitation, prevention and promotion. He/she must have a holistic approach and offer a variety of interventions to help the client recover.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing with a postsecondary course in mental health and a minimum of three years' experience in a psychiatric setting or a bachelor's degree and a minimum of one year experience in a psychiatric facility;
- Registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Current BLS certification;
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) or willingness to receive that training;
- Good knowledge of community agencies and services available;
- Demonstrate sensitivity, empathy and respect;
- Good leadership and decision-making skills;
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize;
- Safe clinical judgment and good analytical reasoning;
- Ability to develop effective partnerships with the community network;
- Problem solving, clinical communication and client education skills;
- Proficiency in the use of comutper tools;
- Adaptability, flexibility, creativity and innovation;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Valid driver's license;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- High level of professional autonomy;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.