Senior Business Analyst
Service New Brunswick
Senior Business Analyst
Pay Band 5
Service New Brunswick is seeking an individual to join the Technology Services Division in the Health Application Services unit as a Senior Business Analyst.
Reporting to the Manager of Applications, the Senior Business Analyst collaborates with the user community to gather business requirements and conduct workflow analysis, transforming them into functional benefits that will support the design and successful implementation of applications across the organization.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the planning, building and implementation of systems, upgrades and enhancements
- Accountabe for the maintenance and support of these systems, including troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Ensure systems are configured to meet architectural standards and guidelines
- Assist with functional, integration and user acceptance testing as required
- Act as a resource for team members to plan and assist with daily activities
- Active involvement with project management
Essential Qualifications: Must possess a relevant Bachelor degree, and a minimum of five (5) years of related technology experience, including requirements gathering, systems analysis and process development and documentation. Subject to the response to this competition, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered, or the required years of experience may be increased.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
Asset Qualifications: Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate the following asset qualifications:
- Experience within the health care sector and/or experience with Meditech application solutions
- Experience in a leadership or supervisory role
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
Operational Requirements: Travel throughout the province may be required.
This position may require limited flexibility in working hours, with occasional weekday evening or weekend work.
Candidates will be required to undergo Criminal History Clearance prior to appointment.
Behavioural Competencies: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Client Service Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
Technical Competencies: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Specialized Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge
- Knowledge of Applicable Legislation and the Department's Policies and Procedures
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $54,834- $76,622 annually – Pay Band 5 - Management and Non-Union Pay Plan
We encourage applicants to apply online by clicking here indicating competition 2018-SNB-96. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
THIS COMPETITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!