Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Public Health - Acadian Peninsula
DEPARTMENT: Public Health
CLASSIFICATION: Registered Nurse class A (RNCA)
STATUS: Temporary full-time (approximately 1 year)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The successful candidate will know how to use the population health approach and determinants of health in planning health promotion and disease and injury prevention activities. He or she will work in a multidisciplinary team setting and will provide a variety of public health nursing services to individuals and groups. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating partnerships, collaborating in community development, and providing expertise to colleagues, other professionals, and community agencies and organizations. He or she will be required to work within different programs of Public Health such as Healthy Families, Healthy Babies, Healthy Learners in School, Immunization, Sexual Health, and Communicable Diseases.
- Member in good standing with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing;
- At least three (3) years' experience as a nurse demonstrating the following:
- An ability to apply epidemiology principles to promote health and prevent disease and injury;
- An ability to apply a population health approach and the determinants of health in health promotion strategies;
- An ability to tailor health promotion and primary prevention strategies to individuals, groups, communities, and the general population;
- An ability to create partnerships and collaborate with partners;
- An ability to facilitate adolescent or adult groups.
- Current BLS training and maintenance of certificate;
- Commitment to take the designated education and training as per set deadline;
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Good organizational and work-management skills;
- Good communication and interpersonal relationship skills;
- Sound judgment, leadership, initiative, creativity, and ability to adapt to change;
- Ability to travel within the assigned zone and to work as needed in other Public Health offices within the zone;
- Ability to travel within Vitalité Health Network, as needed;
- Valid driver's licence;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles and to the Network's management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment