Physiotherapist 1 (PT01)
NOTE: Applicants must attach their Resumé to the application form.
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital
CLASSIFICATION: Physiotherapist 1 (PT01)
STATUS: Permanent part-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday- Occasionally on weekend
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY: The successful candidate will perform clinical work to professional standards under the authority of the manager or their delegate. The work will involve assessments as well as clinical treatments and consultations, especially related to rehabilitation and the prevention of dysfunctions and chronic pain. Active teamwork will be involved focused on the needs of the hospital's inpatients and outpatients and of a community pediatric clientele (in schools/homes). The work will also include participation in the planning and delivery of departmental activities and may include activities related to quality improvement, performance management, data collection and the training and orientation of students or other health professionals.
NB -These are the primary duties of the position. Other related duties may occasionally be assigned as required for the smooth operation of the department.
- Member in good standing of the College of Physiotherapists of New Brunswick and eligible for membership in the Canadian Physiotherapy Association;
- BLS certificate or willingness to obtain (depending on type of clientele);
- Interest in developing skills in a specialized field (e.g. geriatrics, lymphedema, chronic pain, pediatrics, etc.) considered an asset;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Planning, organizational, prioritization and time management skills;
- Good judgment, initiative, creativity and ability to adapt to change;
- Brief description of desired position and explanation of interest in position;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment