Registered Cardiology Technologist (EC01)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : MSP
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
SERVICE : Electrocardiology
CLASSIFICATION : Registered Cardiology Technologist (EC01)
STATUS : Casual
FTE : 0.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
8 hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
The incumbent will perform ECG tests, stress tests and Holter monitor exams including scanning. He/she will also do some filing, work with the ECG computer system and schedule pacemakers' clinics as needed as well as assist physicians in the audit of pacemakers.
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Society of Cardiology Technologists;
- Successful completion of an Electrocardiography Technician course;
- Successful completion of the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists exam;
- Ability to transcribe and type texts with medical terminology;
- Knowledge of computer system;
- Recognized skills in organizing and managing the assigned workload;
- Recognized communication and interpersonal skills;
- Recognized skills in the ability to function in a changing work environment;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organization values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitality Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment