Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : NBNU
ZONE : Zone 1 Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Medical Imaging
CLASSIFICATION : Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
STATUS : Casual
FTE : 0.0
HOURS OF WORK :
Mainly day shifts
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
JOB SUMMARY :
The incumbent must provide nursing care to patients who have to undergo procedures at the Medical Imaging Department. They will be responsible for administering IV medication and sedation in a state of consciousness (narcosis) to patients according to the physicians' prescriptions and for monitoring patients during the procedure; for administering the contrast media via IV route for diagnostic imaging procedures; for ensuring patient preparation before procedures, providing teaching regarding the procedure and ensuring the transfer to the nursing unit after the procedure; and for collaborating in quality improvement activities and in the development and implementation of objectives and of policies and procedures. They will also carry out all other associated duties, as per the needs of the department.
The requirements of this position are only available in French. To view the content, please go to the French page.
- Member of Nurses Association of New Brunswick (NANB);
- BLS (basic life support) certificate and maintenance of certificate;
- ACLS (advanced cardiac life support) certificate and maintenance of certificate;
- Delegated medical function certificate and maintenance of certificate;
- At least three years' experience in the critical care sector acquired over the past five years;
- Previous experience as a medical imaging nurse considered an asset;
- Cardiac arrhythmia interpretation skills;
- Practical computer skills;
- Proven ability to organize and manage assigned workload;
- Proven ability to function in a changing work environment;
- Proven teaching, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Strong interest in becoming more knowledgeable;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment