Patient Care Attendant 2 (3025)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Veterans' Health Care Centre
DEPARTMENT : Nursing
CLASSIFICATION : Patient Care Attendant 2 (3025)
STATUS : Temporary part-time (approximately 1 year)
FTE : 0.5
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
JOB SUMMARY :
Reporting to the registered nurse, he/she provides a variety of services to the patients and assists the nursing staff in the execution of their tasks. He/she must collect and clean the materials and equipment and return them to the appropriate areas. He/she must assume any other related task according to the needs of the department.
- High school diploma or GED;
- Successful completion of a recognized post-secondary acute care support services program;
- BLScertification (Basic Life Support) and to continue to maintain his/her certification;
- Knowledge in information technology;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organization values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitality Health Network.
Spoken and written competence in French and spoken competence in English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment