- Negotiate rates with carriers for various lanes and modes of transport (ocean/rail/road)
- Liaise with carriers coordinating lane and equipment availability
- Prepare quotations for the customer
- Manage the day to day transportation needs of customer, optimizing efficiencies within their supply chain through both knowledge base and Transportation Management software tools
- Obtain, verify and prepare shipping documentation
- Track/Trace and manage appointment requirements for customer shipments
- Develop proactive solutions to optimize supply chain and achieve cost savings for customers
- Work closely with the customer, carriers, co-workers and third parties to ensure efficient operations and to meet required deadlines
- On-call rotation required
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree. A major in Business Administration or Commerce would be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills (both verbal and written)
- Minimum 5 years' experience is preferred
- Organized, detail-oriented ? excellent follow-up skills are essential
- Problem Solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Thrives in a fast-pace environment
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
JDI Logistics is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.