Financial Analyst, External Reporting
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 33666
Career Group: Corporate Careers
Job Category: Finance
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: King 2
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a full-time opportunity for a Financial Analyst, External Reporting to join our Finance External Reporting team based out of our office in Stellarton, Nova Scotia.
What you'll get to do in this fast paced role:
- Prepare the interim and annual financial statements and Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) for Empire Company Ltd. and Sobeys Inc.
- Prepare the interim and annual compliance and pension financial statements
- Prepare all legal entity statements
- Prepare note support for all applicable statements
- Prepare quarterly disclosure binder for CEO/CFO purposes
- Complete all year-end financial statement packages
- Process the quarterly debt covenant calculations
- Work with external auditors quarterly during reviews and audits
- Collaborate with members of Finance Shared Services, Tax, Accounting Standards & Policies, Investor Relations and other departments where necessary
- Special Projects and Ad hoc reports as assigned.
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- 2+ years Accounting/Finance experience in progressively responsible positions
- Relevant Post Secondary education (Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, etc.)
- Extremely proficient in use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly with a variety of audiences and levels of management
- Ability to successfully manage several tasks at one time
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment, and under limited supervision
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, with an ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to manage highly sensitive information and situations involving internal and external customers
- Intuitive approach to Continuous Improvement
- Completion of or working towards a professional accounting designation (CPA - CA, CGA, CMA)
- Experience working for a large national company
- Experience with SAP, DisclosureNet and Longview software
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Profit Sharing Plan (based on company performance)
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.