Director of National Strategic Development - Petrochemistry
MONTREAL OR TORONTO
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects. In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently looking to fill the position of Director of National Strategic Development - Petrochemistry, located at our Montreal or Toronto offices. Reporting to the National Vice-President - Industry, the holder of this position will have the following responsibilities :
- Actively participate in the development of potential markets on a national scale in the Petrochemical sector;
- Draft presentation materials for clients in cooperation with various administrative departments (communication, service proposals and others) and ensure the on-time delivery of service proposals;
- Analyze calls for tenders, including risk analyses, and compile a list of the mandatory requirements to ensure conformity of the service proposal at the time of its submission;
- Coordinate the development of the service proposal in cooperation with the project directors, business unit directors, project managers or other third-party partners involved, in accordance with the quality standards existing within the organization (content, format, specific nature, production timeline, organization charts, etc.);
- Follow up on texts produced by different departments or offices involved in the projects and ensure that the former comply with the requirements of the call for tenders;
- Complete post-mortem analyses of won and lost bids and implement the necessary measures following the analyses' findings;
- Collaborate with directors of organizations involved in the administration of the current year's budget, ensuring that the team follows the budget provided to the business unit and participating in planning the next fiscal year's budget;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or any other training deemed equivalent;
- At least 15 years of extensive relevant experience, including 7 years as a project manager within a multidisciplinary team;
- Ability to travel frequently;
- Licensed by the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec;
- Good writing skills and excellent written French and English;
- Excellent collaborative skills, strong sense of organization and superb leadership;
- Initiative, attention to detail;
- Able to work as part of a team;
- Must be bilingual.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities microsite.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.