Senior BIM and CAD Designer
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently seeking a Senior BIM and CADD Designer, Rail Systems to join our Rail Systems team in Thornhill/North York, ON. Reporting to Manager, Rail Systems Engineering, the BIM/CADD Specialist will be responsible to produce high-quality output and ensure that all the outputs are consistent and compliant to the CADD standards prior to submission to the delivery team. As a member of the Rail Systems Engineering team, you will be given opportunities to apply your education and experience on large, complex projects. You will be challenged to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines. You will gain knowledge through mentorship and skills development as you fast-track your professional development to become a strong BIM/CADD Specialist.
- Support project execution in rail systems with a team of Chief Engineers/Architects and Specialists across rail systems disciplines (Systems Engineering, Signals, Electrification Systems, Data Communications, and Project Controls);
- Collaboratively work with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure the CADD standards and schedule expectations are clearly defined and understood. Internal stakeholders include professional engineers from various disciplines (civil, mechanical, electrical, structural, and surveying) and technical services such as print shop and IT;
- Produce high-quality CADD output and ensure that all the CAD outputs are subject to appropriate quality checks prior to submission to the delivery team;
- Work to the CADD standards and CADD manual, ensuring that a consistent approach is used across all project deliverables;
- Support project delivery teams with relevant technical knowledge;
- Operate AutoCAD and MicroStation to create drawings with layers, Xrefs, and labels;
- Support and improve the CADD system, develop improvement ideas and drive further efficiencies;
- Provide support to the business as 3D techniques are increasingly utilized to deliver value and quality;
- Maintain current knowledge in the CADD industry and inform the Business of latest applicable innovations and ideas;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Associated degree or technical degree in drafting, engineering technology or related education;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Rail Systems Engineering or equivalent;
- Experience in a Consulting Engineering environment;
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and exposure to GIS;
- Proficiency with 3D BIM Modeling using the Bentley AECOsim software package, is a must;
- Relevant technical knowledge including: excellence in health and safety in design, constructability /ease of manufacture, industry best practices and latest technology and innovation to improve quality and reduce cost / waste;
- Able to work well under pressure;
- Ability to work well in a team environment;
- Take initiative and display a commitment to contribute to the team;
- Flexible and able to prioritize workload in conjunction with project delivery teams;
- Strong work ethic, professional ethics and a team-player;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities microsite.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
Company: WSP Canada Inc.