Respiratory Therapist - 2 (RT02)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application
BARGAINING UNIT : MSP
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Grand Falls General Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Respiratory Therapy
CLASSIFICATION : Respiratory Therapist - 2 (RT02)
STATUS : Temporary part-time (approximativement 5 ans)
FTE : 0.5
ANTICIPATED START DATE : February 25th, 2018
HOURS OF WORK :
8 and 12 hour day shifts
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
The successful candidate will participate in implementing services in the field of respiratory therapy and provide professional care to the clientele in various sectors such as critical care, operating room, respiratory care in various units (medicine, surgery, pediatrics/neonatology), transfer and cardiopulmonary resuscitation team. The successful candidate may be asked to travel to provide services in other Vitalité Health Network facilities.
- Active member of the New Brunswick Association of Respiratory Therapists;
- Active member of the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists or the Ordre professionnel des inhalothérapeutes du Québec ;
- Valid BCLS training;
- Certified educator in respiratory disease;
- Previous experience will be considered as an asset;
- Knowledge of general and patient care policies and procedures; of the multidisciplinary team concept; of the essential components of a helping relationship; of current trends in the discipline and the health care field;
- Ability to do thorough assessments of patients' needs; provide interpretation and integration of data to determine patients' needs; prepare and implement care plans; perform respiratory therapy techniques; solve problems and organize work efficiently; communicate well and develop good interpersonal relations; teach effectively and work as a member of a multidisciplinary team;
- Following personal qualities: sound judgment, initiative, and creativity;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Knowledge of spoken and written French is essential and knowledge of spoken English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment