Medical Electrophysiology Technologist 2 (EP02)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: MSP
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Edmundston Regional Hospital
CLASSIFICATION: Medical Electrophysiology Technologist 2 (EP02)
STATUS: Temporary part-time (approximately 1 year)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: AS soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8 hour day shifts and weekend
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent will perform electrocardiograms (ECGs), electroencephalograms (EEGs) and electromyograms (EMGs) on outpatients or inpatients. The incumbent could also perform evoked potential (EP) diagnostic tests.
- Recognized two-year electrophysiology technician training program leading to a diploma;
- Member of the Canadian Association of Electroneurophysiology Technologists (CAET);
- Member of the New Brunswick Society of Cardiology Technologists;
- Registration with the "Canadian Board of Registration of Electroencephalograph Technologists (CBRET)" and the New Brunswick Society of Cardiology Technologists or the Ordre des technologies en imagerie médicale, en radio-oncologie et en électrophysiologie médicale du Québec;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work during very busy periods;
- Sense of responsibility and effective time management skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Knowledge of spoken and written French is essential and knowledge of spoken English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment