Psychologist 1 (PC01)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : SHCP
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Community Mental Health Centre - Bouctouche / St.-Louis-de-Kent / Rexton
DEPARTMENT : Child / Youth Program
CLASSIFICATION : Psychologist 1 (PC01)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (approximately 2 years)
FTE : 1.0
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
As a member of the child-youth team, the successful candidate will supply a full range of psychological services to preschool children with various mental health issues. The psychologist will provide services such as assessment; diagnosis; individual, family, or group therapy; crisis intervention; rehabilitation, prevention and promotion. The psychologist must use a holistic approach and provide various interventions to facilitate clients' recovery.
- Doctorate in psychology from a recognized university;
- Registered under the New Brunswick College of Psychologists Act ;
- Hold or obtain ASIST training as soon as possible after hire;
- Skills using computer tools;
- Demonstrated sensitivity, empathy, and respect;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Effective communication;
- Creativity and innovation;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Leadership and good decision-making abilities;
- Good organizational skills and ability to set priorities;
- Sound clinical judgment and good analytical reasoning;
- High level of professional independence;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment