Medical Device Reprocessing Technician (2070)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Medical Device Reprocessing Department
CLASSIFICATION : Medical Device Reprocessing Technician (2070)
STATUS : Casual
FTE : 0.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour and/or 12-hour shifts - Rotation
Possibility of on-call and call-back service
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Decontaminate, sterilize, prepare and deliver medical and surgical supplies and instruments for interventions in the various sectors. The successful candidate may be assigned in the operating room and/or in the endoscopy procedures room of the outpatient care.
- High school diploma or GED;
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Certification or admissible to become certified;
- Practical computer knowledge;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organization values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitality Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment