Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Acadie-Bathurst - Zone 6
FACILITY : Chaleur Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Food Services
CLASSIFICATION : Cook (2004)
STATUS : Casual
FTE : On call
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
The person will be in charge of cooking all foods for breakfast and lunch. He or she will prepare orders of meat and frozen products. In cooperation with the manager, ensure that the cook sector operates smoothly; prepare meals on time, find replacements for staff before 07:00 a.m. when needed. Monitor and keep the inventory up-to-date and rotate foods in fridges and freezers. Get orders when they arrive. Monitor and record temperature of foods. Keep work area clean.
- High school diploma or GED;
- Provincial Certificate of Qualification issued under the Apprentice ship and Occupationnal Certivication Act as a licensed cook;
- Experience cooking large quantities of food;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophyand organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment