Social Worker 1 (SW01)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : SHCP
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Richibucto Mental Health Community Centre
DEPARTMENT : Long Term Adult Services
CLASSIFICATION : Social Worker 1 (SW01)
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
HOURS OF WORK :
Day and evening shifts
Monday to Friday
Possibility of stand-by and call-back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
JOB SUMMARY :
Under the direction of the Mental Health Program Manager, the incumbent works with different mental health partners to offer clients a range of mental health services connected to the social work profession. The main tasks of the position include crisis intervention, evaluation, planning, stabilization and customer follow-ups. The position requires travel and the social worker must ensure his/her own transportation.
- Member in good standing of The New Brunswick Association of Social Workers;
- Master of Social Work with one year of experience in social work; OR
- Bachelor of Social Work followed by two years of experience related to social services, one of which in mental health ;
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training Certificate (ASIST) or acquire the certificate within six months after obtaining the position;
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training Certificate (CPI)or acquire the certificate within six months after obtaining the position;
- Clinical experience in intervention in crisis situations and emergencies;
- Computer knowledge (SPSC and Microsoft Office);
- Recognized skills in the ability to function in a changing work environment with different populations;
- Recognized leadership and decision-making skills;
- Recognized communication and interpersonal skills with colleagues, clients and their families and community agencies and departments;
- Previous work experience with this kind of population, community agencies and services;
- Strong interest to deepen knowledge;
- Valid driver's licence (class 5);
- Valid driving licence (class 5) and good driving record;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organization values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitality Health Network.
Spoken and written competence in French and English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment