Medical Sonography Technologist-2 (SN02)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : MSP
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Medical Imaging
CLASSIFICATION : Medical Sonography Technologist-2 (SN02)
STATUS : Temporary full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : February 2018
HOURS OF WORK :
8 hour an/or 12 hour shifts - Rotation
Possibility of on-callor call-back service
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs,
JOB SUMMARY :
The incumbent is responsible for all aspects of the examinations using ultrasounds in the ultrasound sector and to maintain a high image quality. Perform any other related tasks according to the needs of the department. The incumbent will also be required to work shifts as a Diagnostic Imaging Technologist 2 (DI02) for operational needs.
- Member of Sonography Canada;
- Recognized Echocardiography Certification;
- BLS certification (Basic Life Support) and must maintain the certification;
- Continued interest to deepen knowledge;
- Recognized skills in organizing and managing the assigned workload;
- Recognized communication and interpersonal skills;
- Recognized skills in the ability to function in a changing work environment;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organization values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitality Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment