Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Center
DEPARTMENT : Food Services
CLASSIFICATION : Cook (2004)
STATUS : Casual
FTE : 0.0
HOURS OF WORK :
4-hour, 8-hour and/or 12-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
JOB SUMMARY :
Responsible for preparing and cooking food as well as pastries according the normalized recipes. Maintain sanitary workplaces and deliver/install the food in the service area. Prepares the receptions and/or special meals. Participates in the quality management activities and receives/stores the merchandise. Perform any other related tasks according to the needs of the department.
- High school diploma or GED;
- Successful completion of a cooking course of a recognized school i.e. Community College;
- Recent experience of at least 1 year working in a large kitchen;
- Recognized capacities in the application of clean and aseptic techniques;
- Recognized capacities in organization and management of the assigned workload;
- Recognized capacities in communication and interpersonal relationships;
- Recognized capacities in working in a changing environment;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organization values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitality Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment